Partnering with All Souls Anglican Church, we offer a safe community for youth to ask questions, have fun, make friends, and become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our youth are led by Fr. Andrew Unger, and the youth ministry is called "Zao," the Greek word for "I live." Fr. Andrew explains, "Our youth ministry is all about living the abundant life that Jesus calls us to. Our mission is to help students live abundantly by being drawn and drawing others into Christ’s kingdom."
For more information on weekly and special events for youth, click here.
At Church of the Savior we seek to create a special place and time where young people can worship God by encountering God's story through song, Scripture and time alone with God. We have two Children's Worship rooms for children ages 4 years through 5th grade; and another worship room for youth in 6th through 12th grade. We also offer nursery care for children up to 3-1/2 years of age.
In all of the above, we make sure our staff and volunteers go through background checks and reference checks to ensure safety at all times.
Children are an integral part of our church community and children of all ages join their families for the Eucharist every Saturday.
Sign up for our Children's Ministry Newsletter by clicking here.
Contact Mary Gonzalez, the Pastor of Family Ministries, for more information about children's and youth ministry.
To ask about a service area or volunteer to get involved, please click on a leader's name below.
- Altar & Acolytes: Sandy Oyler
- Banners/Aesthetics: Sarah Lindsay
- Children's Ministry: Mary Gonzalez
- Finance: Janis Hultgren & Christie Linsner
- Gatherings: Hope Grant
- Intercessory Prayer Team: Marj Mead
- Meals Ministry: Cara Peterson
- Music & Worship: Erin Pacheco
- Nursery & Child Safety: Debra Nickerson
- Prayers of the People: Debra Nickerson
- Retreats: Vicki Howard
- Scripture Readers: Hope Grant
- Setup: Mark Hinsch
- Social Media: Al Hsu
- Sound: Anthony Gandy
- Website: Josh Steele
- Welcome Team: Brad Lindsay
We love to gather and eat as an entire church. Here are our regular gatherings:
- Epiphany Rosca (Saturday near Jan. 6)
- Dinner & Annual Meeting: to review annual budget and new Vestry members (early February)
- Easter Brunch: following Easter Sunday worship (March or April)
- Picnic & Prayer in the Park: a Mexican breakfast by the lake, followed by Morning Prayer (early June)
- End-of-Summer Picnic (late August)
- Anniversary Chili Supper and Game Night (third Saturday in October)
- Gingerbread Nativities: to make and decorate with candy, while eating some of the building materials... (early December)
Three times a year--Lent (February), Summer, and Advent (December)--we stop for silence and prayer.
If that sounds off-putting, you haven't been on a Savior retreat! Each one includes good food, beautiful surroundings in nature, opportunity for warm conversation with a trained spiritual director, and even opportunity for a back and neck massage.
Retreats are held on Saturday morning, at St. Matthew United Church of Christ in Wheaton and are open to all.
Please contact Pastor Sandy Richter for more information.